Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Wednesday!

I just realized Mother's Day is close to a month away, and I haven't even created the first card.  It's time to get busy, right?

Okay, I need help!  I'm addicted to paper!

I bought some more Colorbok DP, these papers are from the "Spring Morning" series, and it is so pretty.

The bead-ribbon is some scraps I had, and I thought they would go perfectly with this.

Here's a closer look at the flowers:

The layered-flowers and leaves are from the Spellbinders "Rose Creations" die set.  I chalked the edges and anchored it all with a pearl brad in the center.
After looking at this finished creation, I must say...so far, it's one of my faves!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Cheryl

 
Challenges: Mojo Monday #288 
                    2 Sisters Challenge #138
                    52 Card Pickup 2.14 
                    Flourishes Summer Lovin' 
                    

Card Recipe:
Cardstock:  SU! Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery & Tempting Turquoise.
DP:  Colorbok "Spring Morning"
Stamp:  Verve "Because of You"
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Dew Drops Chalk
Other: Spellbinders "Rose Creations" Dies, Pearls by Want2Scrap, pearl-ribbon, pearl-brad and foam adhesives.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the beaded ribbon and multi-layered flower! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! I need to work on these ahead of time as well. EEK!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet card, love the lace strips! I only have one mother to make a card for...so I'll probably do it the night before, lol! Have fun making yours! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

ChristineCreations said...

Those papers ARE really pretty! I can see why you couldn't resist :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes this month!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Love how you took the inspiration from the photo. Thank you for playing along at the FLLC Summer Lovin' Challenge.