Thursday, August 18, 2016

Well hello there, it's been a while!

Hey y'all!

Wow, it's been almost 3 years since I've posted, 
and so much has happened.

Sadly, my Mom passed away unexpectedly in April last year, and I've been at a loss...trying to recoup from losing her.

In an effort to help with my grief, I've been busy back in my scrap-room, creating cards.  I must admit, it truly is great therapy.  The card above was created for one of my dear friend's birthday 
(she is also a card-creator, so I'm sure she'll appreciate it)!

I hope all of you are doing well, and I'll be hopping over to your blogs to see what you've been creating as well.

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

~Cheryl
Card Recipe:
Cardstock: Black, White, Kraft, Red, Teal
DP: Colorbok "Rhapsody"
Stamps: Studio G
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Gingerbread chalking
Other:  Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red Striped Gros-grain ribbon, brads, Spellbinders Rose Creations Dies 

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Hello sweet friend ... OMG I can't believe it's been THAT LONG! WOW ... where does the time go??? So sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Praying her loss will become easier to deal with each passing day! Your card is AWESOME ... you certainly haven't lost your crafting touch and I'm sure your friend will treasure it!! Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by my blog today and saying hello. I hope you'll come back often ...
Thinking of you and SO HAPPY to see you again here in blogland!
HUGS from OHIO!

Sheila said...

Nice! That reminds me, sometime, I need to put in a "card order" with you. :)

CherylQuilts said...

I just saw your comment on Stacy's blog today and decided to visit. I am so sorry to hear about your mom and pray that God will comfort you each day. Losing a parent is very hard...I know. What wonderful therapy to get back in your scrap-room and start creating cards. This one is beautiful, and I love the dimensional flowers! Beautifully done! Hugs...from a friend and sister in Christ in South Florida!

Stacy Morgan said...

I like these colors, so very pretty. The fun sketch is cool with the sentiment focus. Awesome!

Alanna said...

I'm so sorry about the passing of your mother Cheryl. I hope that crafting will provide an outlet and help you heal. I'm glad you are back to posting and pray that you will be blessed.